Sunday, January 15, 2017

5 Genres for Semester Reading Annotations

After reading through the first chapter of Saricks's The Readers' Advisory Guide to Genre Fiction (2nd ed.), I have selected the five genres I will be reading.  These are picked from the four genre appeal groups described in the book, Adrenaline Genres, Emotions Genres, the Intellect Genres, and the Landscape Genres.

I'm not one much for almost anything from the Adrenaline Genres (except for Adventure, which can be fun to read for me), so I'm picking one genre I would not normally read from this appeal group.  I do, however, enjoy romances (not too graphic, though), fantasy, and science fiction, which are each part of the other three appeal groups, coincidentally.

My 5 Genre Picks for Reading for the Semester:
  1. Romantic Suspense
  2. Non-fiction
  3. Science Fiction
  4. Romance
  5. Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment